India, China agree to complete withdrawal of troops from eastern Ladakh, Rajnath Singh talks to US Defense Minister

India and China held diplomatic-level talks on the border dispute in eastern Ladakh on Friday and agreed to complete withdrawal of troops from the region to fully restore peace on the Line of Actual Control (LAC). The Ministry of External Affairs said that negotiations were held under the Framework of Work (WMCC) for consultation and coordination on Indo-China border matters.

The ministry said that both sides reiterated the complete withdrawal of troops around the LAC to fully restore peace and tranquility in the border areas in line with bilateral agreements and protocols. “They also agreed that long-term peace and tranquility in the border areas is necessary for the overall development of bilateral relations,” the foreign ministry said in a statement. Secretary (East Asia), while the Chinese side was led by the Director General of Border and Maritime Department in China's Foreign Ministry.

“They reviewed the situation in the Indo-China border areas, including reviewing the progress of the process of the withdrawal of troops on the LAC in the western region,” the ministry said, adding that both sides agreed that senior Agreements between the commanders need to be implemented seriously. The situation in the eastern Ladakh between India and China forces has been at a stand-off in several places for the past eight weeks.

Tensions escalated after 20 Indian soldiers were martyred in a violent clash in the Galwan Valley last month. The Chinese Army has withdrawn troops from the three-point standoff in line with the Indian Army's consensus with the Indian Army over the past five days. To do this, both sides have held several rounds of diplomatic and military talks in the past few weeks.

Rajnath and US Defense Minister have a telephone conversation: Defense Minister Rajnath Singh held a telephonic conversation with his US counterpart Mark T. Asper on Friday and during this time the border dispute between India and China in East Ladakh and the entire security scenario in the region was discussed prominently. Sources aware of the incident said That Singh and Asper also discussed ways to further strengthen bilateral defense and security cooperation.

He said that the telephonic conversation took place at the request of the American side. A source in this regard said, “The two ministers have been in regular contact with each other.” He has spoken several times on issues of bilateral defense cooperation and mutual interest. Today's talks were part of this ongoing exchange. “There was a deadlock between India and China at several places in eastern Ladakh for nearly eight weeks.

Tension had increased manifold after the martyrdom of 20 Indian soldiers in the skirmish in the Galvan valley. The Chinese army also suffered damage in the skirmish, which it has not yet given details. According to a report by the US intelligence agency, 35 Chinese soldiers were killed in a skirmish with Indian soldiers. In the last five days, the Chinese army has withdrawn its troops from three places of deadlock as per the understanding with the Indian Army. Both sides have held several rounds of talks at the diplomatic and military levels in the past to reduce tensions in the region.

Hindi news Join us for Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Telegram Join and download Hindi News App. If interested in

->

Most read

. (tagsToTranslate) Rajnath Singh (t) Mark T Esper (t) Ladakh Row (t) India China ties (t) India China Border Issues (t) India China (t) Ladakh (t) India (t) Corona Virus (t) ) China (t) Rajnath Singh (t) America (t) Defense

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *